Credits

The Designers Chic

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Living on your own


Thanks for the guest post by Donn Schroeder

A close friend of mine finally graduated from college and got a job. The fact that he graduated is a miracle in itself. I was beginning to think he was making a career out of going to school. Then on top of the graduation he managed somehow in this economy to get a job is just amazing. I mean he is my friend and everything, but he does not come across to me as a hard working person that anyone would want to hire. So now he is hounding me about finding the cheapest way to live on his own and save money. I told him to start out by finding a good rate on his electricity from direct energy. Then I told him not to buy a new car any time soon. He can just keep driving the old one until he gets his budget all figured out. Then I told him he would have to cook and eat at home a lot. That would save a lot of money right there. He was also going to have to stop spending so much money on beer. Grownups do not drink beer like fraternity boys in college. I have a feeling this is going to take some time before he catches on.

No comments: